This website uses its own and third-party cookies for the proper functioning of the website and to obtain statistical data on the navigation of its users. If you go on surfing, we will consider that you accepts the conditions.     Learn more





Once you have lived in Spain for more than six months, you are no longer considered a tourist, so GM Legal Experts highly recommends you to apply for a residence permit. Despite since March 2003, EU citizens who are living or working in Spain do not have to apply for the Residence Card, many times is required for tax purposes, because the Spanish Resident has a more favourable fiscal treatment than Non Residents, and the only way to prove the residence in Spain is through the Residence Certificate.

The residence certificate must be applied in person by the applicant at the Local Police Station or Foreign Office.

As laws constantly change, we recommend you to contact us for getting further information about requirements.


The Identification Number for Foreigners in Spain is known as NIE number, and it is mandatory for all kind of tax payments in Spain, including the ones directly linked with the purchase and sale of properties.

The original N.I.E numbers is required in the Notary for signing the official purchase Title Deed, so GM LEGAL EXPERTS can prepare on your behalf the application forms and all the necessary paperwork to obtain it.

The N.I.E number can be obtained in Spain in the correspondent Police Station, or in the Spanish Consulate of the Country where the customer has his residency.

If you grant a Power of Attorney to the professionals of GM LEGAL EXPERTS including the faculty of applying and collection the NIE number in Spain, we will be able to handle the whole process on your behalf avoiding you to travel to the Police Station and stand annoying queues.

Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.